Whether you're moving out of your current living space or simply just want to clear up space, a garage or yard sale is a great way to make some extra cash while letting go of things you no longer need or have room for.
Like any successful event, some extra strategizing, planning, and extra effort goes a long way towards pulling off a profitable yard sale. For example, hosting a Friday night preview sale the night before the main event can be a great way to attract die-hard bargain hunters to get rid of big-ticket items.
You should also consider hosting the yard sale at the beginning of the month, since most people receive their payday checks at the end of the month and will have more disposable income earlier than later in the month.
Other yard sale hosting tips?
Price goods based on condition. Price tag all of your items clearly to avoid unnecessary haggling. While most transactions will probably be cash-based, expand your customer base by carrying a smartphone credit card processor for people who only have cards. And some extra balloons and background music can help turn your dull yard sale into a fun and festive weekend event.
Got your own tips for hosting a killer yard sale? Share with us!
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades