Commonly used for washing and scrubbing dirty dishes, the ubiquitous kitchen sponge can also be used to sprout seeds, loosen wallpaper, remove oil leaks, deodorize your fridge, and more.
The porous, absorbent nature of the sponge also makes it perfect for keeping your vegetable drawer moisture-free, thus reducing the possibility of mold growing on your produce. Simply line the bottom of your vegetable bin in your refrigerator with clean, dry sponges and wring them out when they start getting wet.
To keep your bath soap from dissolving too quickly in its own puddle of soapy water, place it on top of a kitchen sponge to make it last longer.
Want to keep your houseplant regularly hydrated? Place a kitchen sponge at the bottom of the plant feeder so that the sponge acts as an emergency reservoir and prevents flooding if you add too much water.
Got your own ingenious uses for kitchen sponges? Share with us.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades