While breathing is a simple and automatic physical act we take for granted every moment of our lives, consciously breathing in a particular way for five to ten minutes can greatly reduce your stress, clear your head, and bring more energy to your body. Think of it as meditation through breathing.
For a quick pick-me-up, do a stimulating breath: inhale and exhale rapidly through your nostrils as quickly as possible for 15 seconds, followed by 15 seconds of regular breathing. It also helps if you move your shoulders up and down to the rhythm of your quick nostril breathing.
Other techniques include deep belly breathing, where you inhale for 4 counts, hold your breath for 7 counts, and exhale for 8 counts, as well as breathing in and out normally for equal counts, starting at 4 and working your way up to 7 or 8 counts.
For other ways to de-stress, check out 10 Weird Ways to De-Stress.
Click on image(s) to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades