If the idea of giving a speech in front of a huge audience freaks you out, you're in good company. Approximately 75% of all people experience some degree of discomfort or fear of public speaking. Fortunately, with a lot of practice and a few mind tricks, public speaking doesn't have to be such a big, scary thing.
Quell your anxiety by getting to know the space you're speaking in and the audience members you're speaking to. Do a couple of power poses that will boost your confidence, but be sure to do it in private unless it's a part of your speech.
Remember to mix up the cadence and tone of your speaking style so you don't put your audience to sleep, and to acknowledge the left, center, and right sections of your room so the entire room feels included.
Also, whatever you do—don't imagine your audience members naked.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades