Your perfect home-baked chocolate chip cookie may be thick and chewy, or crispy and thin, or something in-between. With a little cooking know-how and experimentation, you can adjust the different ingredients and cooking steps in the baking process to create the perfect chocolate chip cookie that best suits your particular sweet tooth preferences.
For example, using white sugar in the chocolate chip cookie recipe yields wider and crispier cookies, while using all brown sugar yields more cake-like and moister cookies. Rather than using all-purpose flour, you can use cake flour for softer texture or bread flour for cookies with more chew.
Though it may be difficult to delay the instant gratification of eating cookies within 10 minutes of making the dough, allowing the raw cookie dough to rest in the fridge overnight results in a more intense cookie flavor when you bake the cookies the following day.
Click on image to enlarge.
This illustration was inspired by J. Kenji Lopez-Alt's post on Serious Eats.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades