A long summer road trip brings opportunity for adventure, but also increases the chances for minor disasters including backseats that smell like stale French fries, getting lost in unfamiliar roads, and getting unexpectedly carsick.
Minimize messiness in your car by turning your empty plastic cereal container into a makeshift trashcan and turning your plastic shoe organizer into a car organizer for random small items that won't float around in your backseat.
If your car ever starts smelling less like air freshener and more like smelly feet or greasy diner food, hit up a local coffee shop for used coffee grounds that can then be used as a cheap and effective deodorizer overnight.
Using binder clips, wires and rubber bands, make a simple car mount for your smartphone so that you only need to glance to the side and not down on your lap to reference your smartphone's GPS.
As it goes without saying, make sure your car maintenance is up to speed before hitting the road.
Got your own tips and hacks for a long road trip? Share with us!
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades