This is one of the very first recipes my mom gave me when I moved out. Being Chinese, she didn't bother giving me a written recipe. It's pretty simple, and an excellent way to use your rice cooker:
- 1 small chicken (about 3 lbs)
- garlic cloves, minced
- fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- a bit of sugar
- a bit of salt
- Amounts of ingredients above are approximate and can be adjusted according to taste.
- Don't forget to WASH THE CHICKEN. You don't want salmonella.
- Carve out chicken breasts, and set aside for some other use.
- Marinate the chicken in garlic, ginger, soy sauce, salt and sugar for at least 30 minutes. The longer you marinate, the better flavor you get.
- Put chicken in the rice cooker.
- Turn rice cooker on. (If, when the rice cooker dings, and the chicken is still a little raw, cook the chicken a few more minutes.)
- DONE! Eat up!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades