This is one of the very first recipes my mom gave me when I moved out. Being Chinese, she didn't bother giving me a written recipe. It's pretty simple, and an excellent way to use your rice cooker:
- 1 small chicken (about 3 lbs)
- garlic cloves, minced
- fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- a bit of sugar
- a bit of salt
- Amounts of ingredients above are approximate and can be adjusted according to taste.
- Don't forget to WASH THE CHICKEN. You don't want salmonella.
- Carve out chicken breasts, and set aside for some other use.
- Marinate the chicken in garlic, ginger, soy sauce, salt and sugar for at least 30 minutes. The longer you marinate, the better flavor you get.
- Put chicken in the rice cooker.
- Turn rice cooker on. (If, when the rice cooker dings, and the chicken is still a little raw, cook the chicken a few more minutes.)
- DONE! Eat up!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.