How to Pickpocket-Proof Yourself from Thieving Hands
When you are in Rome, do as the Romans do... avoid carrying your wallet in the back pocket of your jeans. But no matter what city or country you are in, there are several easy precautions you can take to keep yourself as pickpocket-proof as possible so that your amazing travel memories won't be sullied by the experience of having your camera or passport stolen.
Take the time to make yourself a decoy wallet. Use your money belt—just be sure not to take out your money belt, which defeats the purpose of having a concealed wallet beneath your clothes. Use basic common sense, such as not advertising your fancy video equipment or leaving things unattended. Last but not least, avoid thumbing through your dog-eared copy of Lonely Planet in crowded public places as much as possible. I know, easier said than done.
Got your own tips for avoiding pickpockets and thieves while traveling? Share with us in the comments below!
Click on image to enlarge.
- How to Pickpocket using several methods
- How to Become a level 99 thief in RuneScape
- How to Defend yourself against a pickpocket or purse snatcher
- Thieves Using GPS Apps
- How to Keep your identity safe from thieves
- How to Prevent identity theft and know how thieves work
- Apple Flaw Lets Thieves Completely Reset Your Apple Watch & Get Away with It
- Apple Watch Vulnerability Lets Thieves Use Apple Pay Without Your PIN
- How to Color manage & proof prints in Adobe Photoshop
- How to Make a DIY vehicle immobilizer to stop car thieves
- How to Create screen captures for quick proofs in Rhino 4.0
- How to Pick pockets like a professional thief
- How to Completely erase a computer hard drive to remove all private data
- How to Flirt with women & make yourself rejection proof
- How to Write an effective letter of complaint
- How to Seal a bag of chips without a clip
- How to Prevent someone from stealing your identity
- How to Get the Imperium Crossbow in Dragon Age: Origins
- How to Get your home ready for a new dog
- How to Proof yeast